The ASP.NET Podcast features, technical talks, interviews, news, reviews, and Wallyisms. Wallace B. (Wally) McClure, David Penton, and Paul Glavich are your hosts. We talk about ASP.NET, AJAX, Performance, Databases, WCF, Silverlight, Cloud Computing, Windows Azure, and whatever else we decide to talk about.
Anonymous comments are disabled
ASP.NET Podcast Show #34
This show is available in the subscription feed.
- Coach Wally.
- Bruce Dickinson returns.
- Explore the space of being Wally.
- You really want "More Wally" in the show.
- Paul Lockwood reviews podcasts.
- Oprah Effect? What about the Wally Effect!
- People all over the world.
- Google Adsense.
- Wally begs you to help out.
- Interesting findings - Wally whines about paying big bucks for big companies but won't pay less for smaller companies.
- Wallyisms review.
- Database Performance and Tuning.
- Proper database design.
- Primary keys are good. I like integer data types.
- Foreign keys. FKs are used to relate data like customers and orders or Orders and order items.
- Normalization is good.
- Indexing is REALLY, REALLY important.
- Sql Server Profiler.
- Database Tuning.
- What happens when you don't have a good database design and proper indexing? Bad things.