The ASP.NET Podcast features, technical talks, interviews, news, reviews, and Wallyisms. Wallace B. (Wally) McClure, David Penton, and Paul Glavich are your hosts. We talk about ASP.NET, AJAX, Performance, Databases, WCF, Silverlight, Cloud Computing, Windows Azure, and whatever else we decide to talk about.
Anonymous comments are disabled
Subscribe to All!
Subscribe to WMV.
Subscribe to M4V (iPod).
Subscribe to MP3.
(The cool kids subscribe, why not you?!?)
Code Samples: http://www.aspnetpodcast.com/CS11/files/folders/podcastsupportfiles/entry1293.aspx
----- Code Sample Notes -----
- Four (4) assembly references are needed for a cache project:
- Import System.Data.Caching for code using Velocity
- You must start with a CacheFactory. No parameters in the construct means to read from a configuration file.
- From there, cache is accessed via a CacheName. You can use Cache.DefaultCache for the default (returns null) For CTP2, you cannot easily seek out if a region is created.
- Cache.DefaultRegion is null as well.
- There is quite a bit of log messages that are exposed by default in Velocity. Especially for a Cache Miss.